History of WSPB, Sarasota
The following is the FCC microfiche file on WSPB, transcribed by Xen Scott on
November 16, 1995.
- 7/12/39 - Granted auth. for a new station on 1420kc with 100 watts,
250 watts LS, unlimited, at Sarasota, FL.
- 10/23/39 - Granted a C.P. for 1420kc, 100 watts, 250 watts LS,
- 12/19/39 - Date first licensed. The licensee was WSPB, Inc.,
Sarasota, FL. They were granted 1420kc, 100 watts,
250 watts LS, unlimited.
- 6/4/40 - Granted mod. of lic. for 1420kc, 250 watts, unlimited.
- 3/24/41 - Under NARBA, they were granted 1450kc, 250 watts, unlim.
- 11/4/58 - Vol. transfer of cont. of lic. corp. from Robert C. Jones,
Jr. et all (All Stockholders) to Community Broadcasting
Corp., eff. 12/13/58.
- 8/18/59 - Vol. assign. of lic. to WSPB Broadcasting Co., Inc.,
- 2/23/61 - Granted a C.P. for 1450kc, 250 watts, 1kw LS, unlimited.
Grant made without prejudice to whatever action the
Commission may take in connection with it's pending
inquiry into compliance by Triangle Publications, Inc.
with Sec. 317 of the Communications Act and Commission
Rules. License to cover the C.P. granted 9/28/61.
- 2/26/63 - Vol. relinquishment of positive cont. of Community
Broadcasting Corp. (parent corp. of lic. corp.) by John
Morgan Davis through issuance of stock by license to
Marjorie A. Clipp, thereby having stock owned 50% by
John Morgan Davis and Eva P.B. Davis and 50% by Roger
W. Clipp and Marjorie A. Clipp.
- 9/8/64 - Vol. assign. of lic. to Community Broadcasting Corp.,
- 10/25/65 - Vol. assign. of lic. to Worth Communications Corp.
- 7/10/70 - Granted a C.P to install a new 280 ft. tower with resistors.
The new tower is to be installed 250 ft. NW of existing
tower with FM antenna side-mounted at top. The old 175 ft.
tower is to be dismantled. There were extensions of
completion date. License to cover the C.P. granted
- 8/9/72 - Vol. assign. of lic. to Walter-Weeks Broadcasting, Inc.,
- 6/13/80 - Vol. assign. of lic. to Walter-Weeks Broadcasting
Associates, eff. 6/17/80.
- 4/22/81 - Vol. assign. of lic. to Robert M. Weeks, eff. 6/17/81.